- 1 - 1 1/2 lbs hamburger meat
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion - chopped/diced relatively finely
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt, pepper, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, oregano to taste
- 1/3 cup ketchup (topping)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except ketchup. Mix by hand.
- I use a stoneware 5x9 loaf pan so I don't need to grease it, but if you're using a metal loaf pan: lightly grease and then pack mixed ingredients into loaf pan semi-firmly. Expect concoction to be quite moist due to the milk and lack of breadcrumbs, but the majority of extra liquid will evaporate in the oven.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven carefully and drain excess grease. Top with ketchup. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes, then serve. Goes well with pasta, rice or just vegetables. Also good with provolone cheese and made into sandwiches.
- For onion chopping, I used my food processor I use to make my son's purees, but I also have the Pampered Chef food chopper. If you have to do it manually with a knife, add about 5 more minutes to total prep time.
Here's where I got the original recipe that I modified: All Recipes