Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Easy carb-free meatloaf dinner for family

I'm all about easy dinners that allow me to spend more time with my family while dinner is in the oven.  Prep on this meal takes all of 10 min, then bake for an hour - cool & serve.  Feel free to modify the recipe in any capacity and let me know any tips/tricks you've tried.

Ingredients:

  • 1 - 1 1/2 lbs hamburger meat
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 onion - chopped/diced relatively finely
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • salt, pepper, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, oregano to taste
  • 1/3 cup ketchup (topping)
  1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except ketchup.  Mix by hand.
  3. I use a stoneware 5x9 loaf pan so I don't need to grease it, but if you're using a metal loaf pan: lightly grease and then pack mixed ingredients into loaf pan semi-firmly.  Expect concoction to be quite moist due to the milk and lack of breadcrumbs, but the majority of extra liquid will evaporate in the oven.
  4. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
  5. Remove from oven carefully and drain excess grease.  Top with ketchup.  Allow to cool 5-10 minutes, then serve.  Goes well with pasta, rice or just vegetables.  Also good with provolone cheese and made into sandwiches.
  • For onion chopping, I used my food processor I use to make my son's purees, but I also have the Pampered Chef food chopper.  If you have to do it manually with a knife, add about 5 more minutes to total prep time.
Here's where I got the original recipe that I modified: All Recipes









No comments:

Post a Comment